Western style buckle

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
All,
I did this buckle for a lady that rides/shows horses,the design is hers. it's a giant buckle , 3"x4" 16ga silver.
comments welcome,
Kent

Attachments

• westernbuckle.jpg
    westernbuckle.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 333

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for posting that, Kent. Nice job...How long did it take you do to? I really like western style engraving. ~Sam

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
gentlemen, thanks for your kind words.
Sam, If I remember correctly it took 10+ hrs probably more like around 15.
Robert, yes,buckle cut out of heavy sheet, I did the border w/ sterling beads & half round wire,strung on heavy sterling wire soldered together then soldered to the buckle.
Kent

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
For such large scrolls they sure look well proportioned. Did you do these free hand or did you use some type of pattern? Very nice buckle. I'll bet the lady loved it!

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Glenn and Smays,
the design was drawn freehand, she had a rough idea what she wanted and I did the sketch , she approved so on in went.the silver and beads I got from RioGrande in NM.
Customer was happy.
Kent

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm not being critical, but, this is not a giant buckle.! i once did a buckle for a buckskinner that was about 5 x9". 3/16" thick. with lots of engraving. i'm sure he used the thing not out in the woods , but as an anchor for his canoe trips ! it was solid brass ! monk

Latest posts

Sponsors