Ralph Bone

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rosemary Bone just called me to tell me thet Ralph passed away yesterday. He was a true gentleman and friend who was always willing to lend a helping hand to all engravers and was instrumental in forming FEGA.

Marty

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I've known Ralph a few years. He was always very generous in answering any questions you would ask him. His presence will be missed at the guild show in January.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Ralph was a great gentleman, a giant talent and a friend to all that knew him.
I know we all wish him God speed on his journey.
My deepest condolences and a big hug to Rosemary.
John B.

M A Smith

It is with my deepest sympathies and condolences that I add to this thread. As I have posted in the FEGA forum, I had not had the opportunity to meet with Ralph, but it was my hope to meet and speak with him at the upcoming FEGA show. My thoughts and prayers will be with his family. Again as I posted in the FEGA forum....in Germany, one is only considered a master if he has mastered his trade, his patience and all things around him. The Master will be missed.................Mark

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My sincere symapathies to Ralph's family at this time. I had the honour to him at the Grand Masters weekend bash in August and he was a lovely guy. He promised to send me one of his rifle bolt holders but obviously never had the time to get around to it which was a shame as I'd love to have seen one. But I'll have fond memories of meeting a true gentleman of the engraving fraternity. Rest well Ralph.

Marcus

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It is truly a sad day in the engraving world with the loss of Ralph Bone. I've known him for many years and he was always a kind and gentle fellow. We all miss you, Ralph. / ~Sam & Abigail

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ralph and Rosemary both are class acts any way you look at them. I am sad to hear the news, but am sure Ralph is happier now. What a great guy he was.

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
I'm sorry to hear of the passing of Ralph Bone. I am glad for the time we did share together at the FEGA shows, although it was all too brief. He was a very kind man and a true gentleman. My sympathy goes out to Rosemary at this time.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Here are a couple of photos I shot of Ralph Bone at Grandmasters 2005. He's talking to Rick Eaton in the first photo.
~Sam

Attachments

• ralph_bone1.jpg
    ralph_bone1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 179
  • ralph_bone2.jpg
    ralph_bone2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 164

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for sharing the photos. The enthusiasm he is showing with Rick is the way I always saw him at the fega show. Nice memories.

roland9876

Dear Sam, I took ther liberty of printing a copy of the wonderful picture of Uncle Ralph talking to Rick Eaton. I will give it to my mother, Dean, who is Ralph's sister. Rosemary sent her a copy of the magazine back of him walking away. I stumbled on this website while doing a little research on Ralph. It has pleased me greatly to read the many comments made by you, his peers in the industry. Again Sir, I thank you for the picture.
Sincerely, Lynn W. Smith

curt crum

I first met Ralph back in the early 70's when we were teaching at Colorado school of trades ( gunsmithing). He was well accomplished as a gunmaker as well as a knife maker and of course an engraver. He was a man of many talents.He would always lend a hand to any one that needed help and was a wealth of information. Really a great man who will be dearly missed by all.
Curt Crum

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Like Curt, I've know Ralph since the early 70's in N. Texas. He was in the gun business and knife making at that time. Still have an early dagger if his. Always a gentleman who found kind words to say. RIP

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
you can see in sams' foto, he looks like the real deal there. my condolences to his family and friends.

Latest posts

Sponsors